Holiday Inn Aruba Beach Resort & Casino
J.E. Irausquin Boulevard #230, Palm Beach
Phone: (297) 863600, Fax: (297) 865165, Reservations: (297) 865870
A high rise hotel with 600 air-conditioned rooms located in 3 different towers, private balconies, four restaurants, nightclub, Olympic-sized fresh water swimming pool, pool snackbar, lobby bar, beach bar, sportsbar, meeting & banquet room, casino, palm-fringed beach, 6 lit tennis courts, sauna & health center, laundry & valet service, car rental, safe deposit boxes, ice machines on all floors, tour and hospitality desks, watersports, handicapped equipped rooms and non-smoking floors. The Holiday Inn has the Playa Linda Resort to its south, and the Marriott Resort and Ocean Club timeshare to its north (separated from the Holiday Inn by an open sandy lot area).
The Holiday Inn has an all-inclusive plan.
Standard Room- Spacious room with one king or two double beds, air conditioning, satellite TV, radio, and private balcony. Views of courtyard and island.
Oceanfront - Spacious room with one king or two double beds, air conditioning, satellite TV, radio, and private balcony. Uninterrupted oceanfront views.
- Check-in time is 3 pm and check-out time is noon.
- The Aruba and Bonaire towers are connected together by the lobby, which has a bar, tour desks, shops, restaurants and the casino. The Curacao tower is not connected. You have to go outside to get to it. It does have a lobby but is not being used a lot. Try not to get the parking lot side of the Aruba tower (facing Playa Linda).
- For anyone staying in the Bonaire tower, get a room number higher than 14. Rooms lower than 14 are over the roof of the shopping arcade and casino, higher numbers are closer to the ocean end of the tower. Even numbers face the pool and Curacao tower. The tower is 7 stories tall.
- Hotel shopping includes a drug store, jewelry store, boutique, gift shop, deli, perfume shop, souvenirs.
- They have a nice, although small, casino called the Grand Holiday Casino/Players Club & Lounge
- Pelican Tours has a pier in front of the Holiday Inn. Many of the booze cruise boats dock here, as well as the semi-submarine. Right next to the pier are the boats that run the banana boat rides, the inner-tube rides, and para-sailing. The pier also has a nice snack bar at the end of it over the water.
- There is a nice walkway on the beachside going down from the Holiday Inn south. It is shady and a good respite from the sun beating down if you're going to look at the other hotels.
- The swimming pool at the Holiday Inn is small and there is only one pool for the large number of guests and there is no hot tub as there are at the Marriott and some of the others. No part of the pool is in shade for those that either need or like some shade. There is also no swim-up bar.
- There is a playground area for children, and a shallow pool along with the main pool.
- Holiday Inn uses wristbands to distinguish their all-inclusive guests.
- The Manager's Cocktail Party is held on Mondays.
- The casino has a theme for every night for a show and dinner.
- The slot machines only accept tokens and pay out tokens. Tokens must be purchased/exchanged at the cashier.
- Take extra beach towels because they only give one towel per person.
- The rooms have been upgraded to include hair dryers/irons/ironing boards.
- There is an ice cream stand called Scoops on the property.
- The northern-most tower is the quietest and most private.
- Tony Roma's (a popular U.S. chain restaurant specializing in ribs) is right across the street.
- There are some food items that are subject to a surcharge, such as the lobster, but it should be stated on the menu. The bar is the same way - they have a certain list of drinks included on the AI plan. Just ask for the list at the bar.
Sea Breeze Bar & Grill - The Seabreeze Grill opens at 11 am for drinks and serves hot dogs, hamburgers, wings, sandwiches, etc. from 11:30 am to 6 pm. It is located between the pool and beach.
Miramar Restaurant - Specializes in Continental Cuisine, open 8 am - 11 pm. The Miramar offers breakfast from 8 am to 11:30 am (a la carte) and dinner from 6 pm -11 pm. You can make reservations in the lobby starting at 8:30 am.
Boardwalk Cafe - A la carte buffet, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, open 7 am - 11 pm. The breakfast breakfast buffet is 7 am to 11:30 am (includes an omelet station). The lunch buffet is from 12:30 pm to 3 pm.
Banastas Snack Bar - Open for continental breakfast and after hours until 3:00 am.
Bars: Player's bar, Coco Loco, pool bar, lobby bar
Coffee is available every morning at the Lobby Bar, along with pastries.
The Pali Loco serves pizza, sandwiches, etc. and is great for a late snack. They serve until 11:00.
Dinner and entertainment held by the pool or the beach, price $20 per person.
Beach BBQ Buffet Night - ribs, chicken, brisket, etc., held on the beach. Entertainment includes a live band, some stage entertainment, and beach games (e.g. relay race games for a free HI tee shirt).
Seafood Buffet Night - mussels, shrimp, etc., held by the pool on Fridays
Caribbean Buffet Night - held by the pool on Tuesday or Wednesday nights, includes a limbo show.
Holiday Inn Aruba's "Camp Bounty" supervised children's program runs every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. "Camp Bounty" is geared for children between the ages of 4 and 12; however, the program is adjusted to meet the needs of kids from 2 to 4 and from 12 to 15, as well as older teenagers.
- Program Features:
Orientation Meeting • Breakfast & Lunch with Coordinators • Daytime Snacks (Soda Pop & Ice Cream) • Dinner with Coordinators* • Island Tour/Picnic Lunch • Arts & Crafts • Face/Finger Painting • Drawing/Coloring Contest • Kite Flying Contest • Sand Sculpting Contest • Seashore Exploring & Shell Hunting • Kiddie Pool • Pool & Beach Olympics • Pool Volleyball
• Cartoon/Movie Showings • Dance Lessons • Talent Show • Games (Ping Pong, Simon Says, Musical Chairs, Bingo, Charades) • Storytelling • Scavenger Hunt • Pizza/Cookie Baking Lesson
• Hotel Excursion • Theme Parties (Birthday, Beach, Bye-Bye, etc.)
*Optional feature available 2 or 3 times weekly. Features may vary slightly and are subject to change.
- Babysitting Service:
- Reliable babysitters are available after 6 pm at nominal rates. Arrangements should be made 24 hours in advance through the activities desk.
Cots and Cribs available on request at no additional charge.
Why Pick Aruba? |
General Info |
Things to Do |
What to Pack |
Aerial Photos |
Happy Hours |
Trip Report |
Site Map |
This site went online 1999.
Photos by Patti MacK copyrighted 1999 and may not be used without permission.
As information may not always be up-to-date, you are advised to use it as a guideline only. You will find e-mail and website addresses, as well as phone and fax #s included on this site - please use them to contact the particular resort/restaurant/business in person to confirm times, prices, and details. The webmaster, site owner, and Internet provider assume no responsibility for any damages or claims resulting in use of information contained in this site. If, in spite of every precaution, any copyrights have been infringed in this site or any borrowed photo uncredited, your notification with respect to photo credit or removal will be greatly appreciated.