For all you booze hounds out there (and you know who you are), I have created a listing of the resorts
Happy Hours so that you can do the "happy hour shuffle" from resort to resort
in an efficient, time-saving manner.
(Happy hours subject to change without notice)
|Allegro||5 - 7 p.m., drinks $2.50.|
|Amsterdam Manor||6 - 8 p.m. at the Pool Bar.|
|Aruba Beach Club||4 - 6 p.m. at the Turtuga Bar.|
|Aruba Grand||3 - 6 p.m. at the Pool Bar.|
|Bucuti||4 - 6 p.m. at the Pirate's Nest Bar & Restaurant with a 2-for-1 special
on any drink.|
|Costa Linda||6 - 7 p.m., 10 - 11 p.m. at the Lobby Bar; 5 - 7 p.m. at the Pool Bar.|
|Holiday Inn|| |
|Hyatt||5 - 6:30 at the Pier Bar.|
|La Cabana||4:30 - 6 p.m. at the Pool Bar, 6 - 8 p.m. at the Galley Bar.|
|Manchebo||5 - 7 p.m. at the Pega Pega Bar.|
|Marriott||5 - 7 p.m at Waves beach bar with a 2-for-1 special on
fruity drink of the day for $6 and US beer at $3.75.|
|Playa Linda||2 - 3 p.m. at the Iguana Bar, 4 - 5 p.m. at the Linda Vista Bar (2-for-1 drinks).|
9 - 12 p.m. on Friday nights
|Sonesta Resort||5 - 7 p.m. at the Horizon Poolbar.|
|Sonesta Suites||5 - 7 p.m. at the Oasis Pool Bar.|
|Wyndham||5:30 - 7 p.m. (all you can drink for $10); except Tuesday - Manager's cocktail party 6:30 - 7 p.m.|
|Kokoa Bar on the De Palm Pier|| 3 - 5 p.m. everyday, with live music every Sunday & one other night
What Are These Fruity Drinks?
These drinks are often made a little differently at each bar, so here's just one way of making them:
- The basic recipe is 1 shot light rum, 1 shot vodka, 1 shot creme de banana, fruit punch. Some add Coecoei, but you can only get that on Aruba. Don't forget the marischino cherry.
1/2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz 151 rum (better if using Ron Rico from Aruba, higher proof), 1/8 oz Coecoei, 1/8 oz Creme de Banana, 1/2 c orange juice, 1/2 c cranberry juice, 1/2 c pineapple juice, OR your favorite "punch drink", a splash of grenadine, top with Grand Marnier. Do not shake, just stir lightly. Top with a "flag" toothpick with a cherry and orange slice.
- This is a drink named after the ABB webmaster's wife "Arubamamma", created and found only at the Pirate's Nest. You can only get the recipe from Arubamamma herself.
- Arubian Frosty:
- For one drink: l/2 oz. each kaluha, ponche cream, and rum. 3 oz. coco lopez and 2 oz. pineapple juice. Place in blender and continue to add ice until thick.
To make batches: 3 oz. each of kaluha, ponche cream and rum. 1 can coco lopez and 1 small (individual size) can of pineapple juice. Blend in blender. Take out half and refrigerate. Add ice and blend until thick. When that pitcher has been depleted, take the other half out of the fridge and do the same. (Glenda Laverty - ABB)
- Aruba Smash:
- 2 oz. Spiced Rum, 1 oz. 7-Up, 1 oz. Lemon Juice, 1 oz. Orange Juice, 1 Dash Orange Bitters. Mix in a highball and serve over ice.
- Brown lady:
- 1 oz each of vodka, Kaluha and Baileys. l/2 oz of coco Lopez. Blend. Add ice. Blend till thick and creamy.
1 oz each of: Coconut Cream, Coffee Liqueur, Irish Cream, Vodka
- A blended mix of Coco Lopez, pineapple juice, dark rum, Blue Curaccao, grenadine, and lots of ice.
- Made famous at the Tamarijn. 1 oz. ea. Rum, Vodka, Banana Liqueur and Grenadine 2 oz. ea. Ponche Creme and Pineapple juice Add 1 whole banana. Blend with crushed ice until smooth. (John - ABB)
Why Pick Aruba? |
General Info |
Things to Do |
What to Pack |
Aerial Photos |
Happy Hours |
Trip Report |
Site Map |
This site went online 1999.
Photos by Patti MacK copyrighted 1999 and may not be used without permission.
As information may not always be up-to-date, you are advised to use it as a guideline only. You will find e-mail and website addresses, as well as phone and fax #s included on this site - please use them to contact the particular resort/restaurant/business in person to confirm times, prices, and details. The webmaster, site owner, and Internet provider assume no responsibility for any damages or claims resulting in use of information contained in this site. If, in spite of every precaution, any copyrights have been infringed in this site or any borrowed photo uncredited, your notification with respect to photo credit or removal will be greatly appreciated.