Wyndham Aruba Beach Resort & Casino
J. E. Irausquin Boulevard 77, Palm Beach
Ph: 011-297-8-64466 Fax: 011-297-8-68217
Toll Free: 1-800-Wyndham
Internet address: www.wyndham.com
The Wyndham is located at the bottom end of Palm Beach before it turns into Eagle Beach.
It is shaped like a rectangular tower with the ends pointing towards the ocean and towards
the island interior. It has a large freeform pool on the side facing Eagle Beach.
The other side faces up Palm Beach towards the other resorts.
Number of guest rooms......444
Number of suites..................30
Number of junior suites........36
Number of floors.................18
Luxurious, spacious oceanview guest rooms, all air-conditioned with private balconies, color cable satellite tv, direct-dial telephone, minibars upon request, minisafe, hair dryer, coffeemaker
8,500 sq. ft. free-form swimming pool
3,500 sq. ft. health club and pampering salon
- All rooms are oceanview with spacious balconies.
- Even-numbered rooms face away from the other hotels & overlook the pool.
- Even-numbered rooms face the sunsets and are also protected from the wind.
- Lower-numbered rooms are closer to the beach; higher-numbered toward the street.
- The rooms that are 1200, 1400, 1600, etc. are more expensive - larger, 2 balconies, right at the ocean end.
- Try upgrading to one of the end rooms (1400, 1500 or the presidential suite 1600). 1600 is bigger than most houses, and has a full kitchen and meeting room. If it's not booked, they'll sometimes let you upgrade to it, for a price.
- The higher the floor, the better the view, the more expensive it is.
- Since the Wyndham is the end hotel on Palm Beach it tends not to be too crowded.
- In order to reserve a beach chair or chickee (shaded hut), you must get up early (7-8 a.m.) and place your
towel on the chair. Most people will not bother your chair then. The place where you get your towels opens at 8 a.m.
The beach chairs and towels are free, although you might want to tip the beach guy or girl to place the lounges in a good spot.
- The beach has plenty of palm trees and is clean.
- Happy Hour is from 5:30-7/7:30 pm by the pool. $10 for all-you-can-drink with a different band playing every night during Happy Hour. Beer is not included in the happy hour price.
- If you play in their Casablanca casino, sign up for their V.I.P. card - you get points from the machines which you can use for meals, room charges, etc.
- The casino bar has slot/video machines right in the countertop.
- You can see the whole bird sanctuary behind Wyndham from the balconies.
- If you leave your balcony door open, you can enjoy live afternoon music from the pool below which starts at about 3:00 p.m.
- The Wyndham is one of the oldest high-rise hotels in Aruba, but it was remodeled somewhere around 1993.
- The Wyndham is the old Hilton, and before that is was the Aruba Concorde
- There is a swim platform out in the water with lots of fish under it. It's only about 4 feet deep around the platform, so you can't dive off of it, but there's good snorkling around it.
- Towels are provided at the pool with your towel pass, which is given to you at check-in.
- The De Palm Pier is located nearby - this is where some of the booze cruises dock, and it also contains the Kokoa Bar.
- There is a Beach Police precinct between the Wyndham and the Phoenix.
Dining and Entertainment
- Caffe Baci
- Italian cuisine in a lively, authentic trattoria environment, open 6 pm - 11 pm
- The Green House
- Offers an elaborate breakfast buffet in an indoor tropical ambience
- The Terrace Restaurant
- For casual luncheon fare in an outdoor setting on the patio
- Pago Pago
- Offers contemporary Polynesian dining and innovative cocktails, open 6 pm - 11 pm
- The Casablanca Casino Bar
- Music and drinks in a winning ambience
- The Cabaret Royale
- Live entertainment and dazzling Vegas-style dance revues
- Room service (16 hours)
- Concierge Desk
- Laundry and valet service
- Safety deposit box
- Shopping arcade featuring a beauty salon, exclusive boutiques, and an ice cream parlor
- Fully-supervised Kids Klub
- Rental cars available
Why Pick Aruba? |
General Info |
Things to Do |
What to Pack |
Aerial Photos |
Happy Hours |
Trip Report |
Site Map |
This site went online 1999.
Photos by Patti MacK copyrighted 1999 and may not be used without permission.
As information may not always be up-to-date, you are advised to use it as a guideline only. You will find e-mail and website addresses, as well as phone and fax #s included on this site - please use them to contact the particular resort/restaurant/business in person to confirm times, prices, and details. The webmaster, site owner, and Internet provider assume no responsibility for any damages or claims resulting in use of information contained in this site. If, in spite of every precaution, any copyrights have been infringed in this site or any borrowed photo uncredited, your notification with respect to photo credit or removal will be greatly appreciated.