Playa Linda Beach Resort
L. G. Smith Boulevard 87
(Aruba) Phone: 297-861000, Fax: 297-863479
(USA) 800-992-2015 or 305-670-4911
Questions: e-mail Arthur Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org; he also answers many questions on the members' bulletin board at www.playalinda.com
The Playa Linda is a "U"-shaped timeshare property on Palm Beach, located between the Holiday Inn to the north and the Hyatt to the south.
Room deposit required: Three (3) nights non refundable deposit for winter season and two (2) nights for summer season.
Rated internationally as a 5-star resort, Playa Linda is comprised of 194 units: 66 Junior studio (Royal), 95 one-bedroom (Royal II), and 33 two-bedroom (Royal Deluxe) luxury suites. Each of these room categories provides you with a fully-equipped kitchen, bath/shower combination, air-conditioning, safe deposit box, multi-channel color TV's, radio, telephone, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, a spacious terrace overlooking the magnificent Caribbean Sea and more. The coffee maker in the room is a 10 cup automatic, has a permanent filter, and is standard with the room. These units have service for 5 of dishes, flatwear, & glasses, plus serving pieces, cheese cutter, can opener, carving knives, pots, pans, microwave, toaster oven, etc. (but no salt, pepper, sugar, spices, etc. - these can be purchased at Playa Linda's minimarket). You will be set up with towels for five automatically on your arrival.
Studio (Royal) floorplan
1-bedroom (Royal II) floorplan
2-bedroom (Royal Deluxe) floorplan
(Floorplans courtesy of Marlene Edelman, who has units available to rent. Click here for details)
- The Playa Linda was built on the site of the Basi Ruti, a tiny hotel there 31 yrs ago.
- Lovely free form swimming pool and 2 hot tubs, also an open air restaurant.
- The Iguana Bar is the site of the Sunset Beach Party Jam on Wednesday evenings from 5 to 8:30 pm.
- The Playa Linda does not have its own casino but is within walking distance of 7 casinos in the other Palm Beach resorts.
- Complimentary weekly Manager's Cocktail Party, held every Monday at 5 pm on the pooldeck. Open bar from 5 - 6 pm and live music from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm with Francis, John Francis (little boy) and Bradley (singing supervisor).
- Low room numbers (200, 408, etc.) are located on the south wing next to the Hyatt (even #s face Hyatt, odd #s face pool); high-numbers are next to the Holiday Inn in the north wing (even #s face pool, odd #s face Holiday Inn).
- The rooms are cleaned daily, the bed linens are changed weekly. You're supposed to wash your own dishes, but if you leave a few in the sink, they're usually washed by housekeeping.
- Le Petit Café is located in front of Playa Linda. The food is cooked and brought to you on hot stone platters that keeps your food hot and cooking while you eat.
- If your room is ready you can have it right away, if not, the checking in time is 4 pm.
- When you check in, you are given a sealed envelope with your door combinations (one for hallway and one for rooom) and your safe key.
- They have safes and laundry facilities on each floor.
- There are no hair dryers in the rooms.
- The Beach Guy can not secure a hut for you for a tip or any other type of gesture or he may lose his job. There are rules posted where you get your towels, including no reserving huts before 7 am. If you leave your stuff unattended for more then 2 hours it will be removed by security and put at the towel hut. Also, Playa Linda is very strict about controlling non-guest use of guest chairs and huts - you will be asked to leave if you are not a guest.
- Upon arrival via the main entrance you will find the bellman stand to your left and the Front Desk to your right. The Members Lounge is down the spiral stairs directly in front of you and to your right.
- La Dolce Vita
- Dinner hours 6 pm - 11 pm, open 7 days a week
Appetizers: Shrimp Cocktail, mussells Marinara, Baked Clams, Fried Zuccini, Stuffed Eggplant
Antipasto Bar: Cheese, Salami, Fresh Vegetables, Squid Marinated Fish, Eggplant, Parmegianni, Zuccini and more
Zuppa: French Onion Soup, Minestrone, Seafool Bisque, Chicken Broth with Pasta
Insalata: Ceasar Salad, Mixed Green Salad, Tomato Salad
Pasta: Fettuccini Primavera, Fettuccini Alfredo, Linguini Clams Sauce, Spaghetti marinara, Lasagna
Vitello: Vitello alla Bartolucci, Vitello alla Parmegiana, Vitello alla Marsala, Vitello alla Picata
Pollo: Pollo alla Francese, Pollo alla Caccetore, Pollo alla Parmegiana, Pollo alla Cordon Blue
Pesce: Zuppa de Pesce (mixed seafood), Fish Stuffed with Shrimps, Fish Clams & Mussels
Shrimps: Scampi con Burro & Aglio, Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Shrimp La Colce Vita Parmegiana, Shrimp Fried
Lobster: Lobster con Burro e Aglio, Lobster Tail Fra Diavolo
Carne: Fillet Mignon, N.Y. Cut Steak, T-Bone Steak, Surf & Turf
All dishes are served with a side dish of pasta.
- Linda Vista Restaurant
- Italian restaurant located on the pooldeck; open for breakfast 8 - 11 am, lunch from 12 noon - 3 pm, mini menu available from 3 - 6 pm, and dinner from 6 - 10 pm.
Menu includes: hot & cold appetizers, soups, salads, pasta, fish & seafood, beef, veal & chicken, pizza, sandwiches, and dessert.
- The Iguana Bar
- The Iguana Bar is a beachside bar shaded by a grass roof that offers a cool break from the sun. Its hours are 10:30 am to 5 pm daily, with happy hour from 2 to 4 pm.
A free-form tropical swimming pool complete with a waterfall, whirlpool spas, lighted tennis courts, professional masseusse, pool tables, game room, health club, laundromats, ice dispensers, baby sitting service, free cribs, shopping arcade including Amsterdam Jewelry Center, Checkpoint Color (photo shop), Tee Shirt Shop, Sports and Beachwear Shop, Car Rental, T.C.B.Y (Yoghurt Shop), Subway (sandwich Shop), Dunkin' Donuts, beauty salon, and minimarket/drugstore/gift shop
Game room & jungle gym, plus special games for kids are planned throughout the week and lead by one of their "FUN STAFF." Activities include: T-shirt Cutting, Finger Painting and Water Balloons.
Papiamento Contest, Bingo Party, Dance Clinic, Manager's Cocktail Party, B.B.Q. Buffet with Carnaval Show, Beach Volleyball, Free Tennis Clinic, Scavenger Hunt, Sunset Beach Party, Jam, Happy Hour with Entertainment
Why Pick Aruba? |
General Info |
Things to Do |
What to Pack |
Aerial Photos |
Happy Hours |
Trip Report |
Site Map |
This site went online 1999.
Photos by Patti MacK copyrighted 1999 and may not be used without permission.
As information may not always be up-to-date, you are advised to use it as a guideline only. You will find e-mail and website addresses, as well as phone and fax #s included on this site - please use them to contact the particular resort/restaurant/business in person to confirm times, prices, and details. The webmaster, site owner, and Internet provider assume no responsibility for any damages or claims resulting in use of information contained in this site. If, in spite of every precaution, any copyrights have been infringed in this site or any borrowed photo uncredited, your notification with respect to photo credit or removal will be greatly appreciated.