LG Smith Boulevard, Palm Beach
Phone: (2978)69000, Fax: (2978)60649
email address: email@example.com
General Manager: Scott Ringer
A better number for Marriott is 1 800 578-9914 8am-4pm EST. It is toll free and connects you to Aruba. If you want reservations, they are open later at 1 800 535-4028. The first 800 is in Aruba which is why the restricted hours, it's not reservations. The 800# is for the Guest Experience Staff. That way you don't have to deal with trying to call out of the country. (Brandie)
The Marriott is shaped like a "U", with the open-end facing the ocean(sea). The pool is in the center of the "U". Best rooms are on each end of the "U".
The Marriott offers 411 guest rooms and 20 suites(5-star). Each room
features an oceanside view, oversized rooms with one king or two double beds, sitting area(sofa & table), desk, air conditioning, individual climate control and a 100-square-foot balcony; telephone with voice mail, remote control tv, in-room pay movies, am/fm alarm clock radio, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, mini-refrigerator, in-room safe, walk-in closet, and oversized bath with double sink and vanity. Nonsmoking and
accessible rooms available.
Rooms on the outside of the "U" shape with island and partial ocean views looking towards windsurfing at Fisherman's Huts and lighthouse, and towards the new timeshare Marriott is building next door.
Ocean and pool views, all located inside the "U" shape facing the courtyard and pool, floors 5 - 8. All the deluxe category rooms are same, the view will definitely depend on the floor you are on. The 5th floor just clears the tops of the palm trees. I am sure you will not be disappointed with any of the views.
- The view eastward (towards the rest of the hi-rises) looks at a new
timeshare that Marriott is building.
- The view westward (towards the lighthouse) includes an empty field.
- There is a nice fitness room, the Stellaris casino, two restaurants, and a video game room.
- Marriott also has Hertz car rental, a guest services desk, and baby-sitting.
- All meals, float rentals, Red Sail Sport hut items can be charged to
your room; room account can be viewed onscreen on your t.v., check it
daily to catch incorrect charges.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. (you may get in earlier if there's a room ready for you), check-out time is noon (some package tours have earlier check-out times, always double-check). To all guests paying by credit card, there is express check-out. Receipt will be placed under your door the morning of departure, check yourself out on your onscreen t.v. account, leave the room keys in the room, call for luggage assistance if needed, no need to stop at the desk on the way out.
- Concierge desk is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to book tours, purchase show tickets, etc. Most tours, tickets, etc. purchased at the concierge cannot be charged to room.
- The freeform pool has lots of shade, and they have large patio umbrellas that can be put up to offer relief from the sun. There is also a swim-up bar.
- The pool staff dumps chemicals into the pool around 7 p.m. each night near the waterfall end. You can swim in the pool after it closes, just stay in the end nearer the beach, away from the waterfall.
- Marriott's towel hut rents out rubber/foam float mats for $5/day (as does Red Sail Sports), same material as water noodles.
- There are more than 60 beach huts for shade, so there are usually a
few available at all times; we never had to get up early to reserve
the huts, plus there is an employee at the beach who helps you with
the lounges and finds huts for you.
- Marriott uses blue and white striped towels to identify its guests.
- There is poolside live music next to the beach bar at happy hour.
- Happy hour at the beach bar is 5 - 7 p.m. with a 2-for-1 special on
fruity drink of the day for $6.00 and US beer at $3.75.
- Burgers and sandwiches cost between $6 and $8.
- Everyday there is some activity going on in or around the pool, as well as aerobics, wind surfing lessons, etc.
- There is bingo at 3:30 p.m. next to the beach bar(Waves).
- Red Sail Sports is located right near the beach between Marriott
and Marriott's new timeshare, and also has a small rental table next to the Waves bar.
- The bus has two stops by the road in front of the Marriott.
- Strollers are available free of charge.
- The towel hut can provide beachtoys for you.
- Board games are available at the front desk.
- Bon bini kids program available (for fee), see "Resorts for Kids" page on this website for details.
Plus 24-hour room service
- La Vista:
- Traditional favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting, open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. La Vista has a bit of a broader menu and although you can't get the servers to bring it to you at the pool, you can go order it as takeout and bring it over to the pool yourself.
- Italian specialties served in elegant setting, open 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- The beachside bar and grill; serves light fare, snacks and beverages (great chicken fingers); offers service to beach huts and pool area, open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lobby Lounge:
- Cocktails, big screen t.v. and couches, open 1 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Yoghurt treats, open 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- The Gourmet Bean:
- Coffee shop and dessert treats, open 6:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Pool Bar:
- Open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for drinks
La Vista Buffets
- served from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., $19 adult, $9.50 children under 12, includes soup, salad, and dessert stations:
(I only had detailed menus for some of the buffets; please e-mail me if you have the other menus.)
- Sunday - Tropical Flavors of the Caribbean:
- braised chicken curry, grilled jerk spiced chicken, grilled snapper with a creole sauce, plus more
- Monday - Sunsational Seafood Delights:
- fisherman's soup, sauteed seafood tossed with penne pasta, marinated grilled grouper over a herb-white wine sauce, braised salmon over fettuchine and tomato-basil sauce, fried calamari rings with a creamy garlic dip, caribbean paella, king fish served with a mango-three pepper relish, dirty rice, mixed vegetable medley, citrus-almond sponge cake with cocoa, chocolate banana cake, strawberry shortcake, caribbean carrot cake, hazelnut mousse with chocolate sauce
- Tuesday - Savory Tex Mex Favourites:
- tortilla chips, guacamole, jalapeno salsa, black bean chili, tortilla soup, corn tortilla shells and warm soft floured tortillas, shredded chicken tacos, beef and chicken fajitas with sauteed peppers and red onions, refried beans, gulf red snapper with rocky point shrimp, rio verde chicken enchiladas, calabacitas, mexican rice, roasted potatoes with cilantro/tequila/lime butter, margarita roulade, cranberry tort, natillas martinis, banana enchiladas with papaya and strawberry salsa, almond cake, oatmeal apple dessert
- Wednesday - Cruise the Mediterranean:
- moussaka, penne a l'arabbiata, grilled marinated swordfish, plus more
- Thursday - Route 66 American Classics:
- New England clam chowder, New York grilled steaks, Texas style barbecued chicken, Honolulu honey glazed spare-ribs, Texas chili con carne, Missouri loin of pork with apple/brandy sauce, New Orleans jambalaya, baked potatoes with assorted toppings, Georgia style peach cobbler, New York cheese cake, Tennessee strawberry shortcake, Mississippi mud cake, New England pecan pie, Uncle Sam's apple pie
- Friday - Southern Italian Inspirations:
- penne a la putanesca, pollo vesuvio, lasagna, plus more
- Saturday - Asian Cuisine:
- bami goreng, rendang dagigng, plus more
Shops include Benneton, Studio Italia, Tropic Zone, Claudine's Beauty Clinic, and Colombian Emeralds.
Claudine's Beauty Clinic - Price List
- Facials - $65
- Massages - 1 hr. $65, 1/2 hr. $35
- Waxing - $10 - $45 depending on body area
- Pedicure - $35
- Manicure - $20 standard, $7 - $60 specialties
- Parafine Treatment - $15
- Hair Treatments - various prices
Open Mon. - Sat. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., appointments must be cancelled 2 hrs. beforehand to avoid billing to room account