The Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort & Casino is a deluxe 12-acre hi-rise resort located in the middle of Palm Beach between the Playa Linda timeshare to the north and the Allegro Resort to the south. Resort has Spanish-influenced architecture and one of the most famous, romantic restaurants - Ruinas del Mar - on the island.
Number of floors - 9
Number of rooms - 342
Suites/parlors - 18
Regency Club® - 29
Accessible rooms - 7
Guestroom: features one queen and one double bed
Garden View: features a balcony, one queen, and one double bed
Garden Ocean View: features a French balcony with garden and ocean views, one queen, and one double bed
Pool Ocean View: features a French balcony with ocean views, one queen, and one double bed
Ocean Garden View: located on the ninth floor of the tower, these rooms feature ocean and garden views, French balconies, and one king or two double beds
Room Ammenities: t.v. with remote control, cable movie channels on command, voice mail, telephone w/message light, computer hookup, mini-bar, coffee maker, hair dryer, individual climate control, full bath amenities, am/fm alarm clock, mini-safe with electronic locks, iron, ironing board, bathrobes in Regency Club®, ceiling fan,
- Check-in time is 3pm, check-out time is 12 noon.
- The Hyatt is an exceptional hotel. The only drawback is the balconies. They are very small. You cannot sit out on them.
- If you stay there, try a cabana room. They are nice rooms right off the beach, and are numbered rooms 119, 120, 219 or 220.
- There are 2 jacuzzi's located off the walkway, and provide a nice quiet nook to relax.
- Ruinas del Mar was voted one of the most romantic restaurants in the Carribean by Fodor's travel guide. Do not, I repeat, do not miss an evening here; but make sure to get an outside reservation around the lagoon, as it's the ambiance that makes this place a winner.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with major credit card with cancellation at least 14 days prior to arrival.
- The lobby is entirely open to the outdoors, which means no air-conditioning, but wonderful openness. The lobby contains several overstuffed couches and chairs for you to sit and watch the world go by, and relax in the evening while listening to the band play in the courtyard.
- There are birds and iguana and salamanders everywhere. If you eat at the tables by the swim up bar, you can hand feed the iguana parts of your lunch. On the walkway, the red and blue macaws will say hello to you in several languages, and they have a huge play tree where they spend their afternoons.
- Friday night is Fajita & Rita Night at the Hyatt. $17 gives you a Margarita and all the fajitas you can eat (beef, chicken, or a combination).
- Camp Hyatt: Hike nature trails, learn "Papamiento" (the native language of Aruba) and create native arts and crafts.
Family Camp: Ride a class-bottom boat, BBQ at the beach, snorkel, learn the art of photography and enjoy water sports.
- Regency Club: an exclusive "hotel within a hotel", for guests who desire a higher level of service and privacy. Spacious guest rooms with elegant touches such as bathrobes and hair dryers. Continental breakfast, newspaper and evening hors d'oeuvres are provided daily. There is a private Regency Club lounge plus a dedicated concierge staff available at all times to provide personalized service.
- Ruinas del Mar
- Continental cuisine, seats 158, serves breakfast & dinner, open 7 am - 10:30 pm
The popular Sunday champagne buffet is held here at Ruinas Del Mar.
- Cafe Piccolo
- Italian cuisine, seats 44, serves dinner, open 6 m - 10 pm
- Spanish cuisine, seats 52, serves dinner, has guitar/singing waiters
- Bar/grill, seats 174, serves breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks
The Palms is a beachfront restaurant featuring indoor and outdoor tables, with a nearby bar. Dress is very casual - you can have lunch here with just a swimsuit cover-up. It is open from 11:30 am to 2 am.
- Balashi Bar
- Sandwiches/salads, seats 60, serves lunch
- Seats 44, open 5 pm - 1 am, offers live music
- Dockers Bar
- Seats 25, open 1 - 8 pm
- Yogurt/ice cream, seats 26
- Juice Bar
- Juices/shakes, stand-up bar
Guest Services and Shops
Car rental desk
Assistive devices for persons with disabilities
Gift shop, boutiques, jewelry, hair and manicure salon
24-hour room service
Secretarial support services
Safe-deposit boxes in room and at front desk
- 8,000 sq.ft., 3-level, unheated pool complex with cascading waterfall, 2-story water slide, 2 whirlpools, tropical gardens and a
5,000 sq.ft. freshwater lagoon stocked with tropical fish, swans and other wildlife
- Health and fitness center, featuring exercise room with free weights, exercise cycles, steppers, stair climbers, rowers, Stairmaster®, Bodymaster®, sauna, massage, steam room and aerobics sundeck
- 2 lighted tennis courts, jogging paths
- Red Sail Sports located at the hotel
Much of the factual information was obtained from www.hyatt.com.
Why Pick Aruba? |
General Info |
Things to Do |
What to Pack |
Aerial Photos |
Happy Hours |
Trip Report |
Site Map |
This site went online 1999.
Photos by Patti MacK copyrighted 1999 and may not be used without permission.
As information may not always be up-to-date, you are advised to use it as a guideline only. You will find e-mail and website addresses, as well as phone and fax #s included on this site - please use them to contact the particular resort/restaurant/business in person to confirm times, prices, and details. The webmaster, site owner, and Internet provider assume no responsibility for any damages or claims resulting in use of information contained in this site. If, in spite of every precaution, any copyrights have been infringed in this site or any borrowed photo uncredited, your notification with respect to photo credit or removal will be greatly appreciated.