J.E. Irausquin Boulevard # 83, Palm Beach
Tel: 011-2978-64500, 1-800-203-4475
You can email the general manager (Alain Tiphaine) at the hotel directly.
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations - The Allegro (formerly the Allegro) is an all-inclusive resort with 419 air-conditioned oceanview rooms and suites
equipped with mini-fridge, color satellite tv, hair dryer, telephone, clock
radio, iron & ironing board, in room safe, and balcony. It is a "U" shaped resort with two towers on either end, joined by a smaller structure housing the lobby, etc. It is situated in the middle of Palm Beach between the Hyatt to the north and the Radisson to the South.
Room Categories - There are junior suites (oceanfront rooms at the beach end of the towers), and two regular room categories - Superior and Deluxe, both of which are the same in accommodations and size, the difference being the floor that the room is located on. Superior rooms are on floors 1 & 2, Deluxe are on floors 3 - 9. All rooms include your choice of a single king size bed or two double beds. All views of the ocean from your room are at an angle (side view) and will vary depending on the location of the room.
All even-numbered rooms face the pool. The Radisson next door is
currently being renovated, so ask for either the north tower or pool
view in the south tower (outside of the south tower faces the Radisson).
Oceanfront Mini-Suites - Oceanfront mini-suites are limited and are
available on request only. These rooms are directly facing the beach and
the ocean; they are 6'x6' bigger than a Superior/Deluxe room and come only
with a king-size bed.
There are ground level rooms located in the south tower only facing the pool. They have doors that open right out to the pool, a shaded patio, and lounge chairs. The upper floor balconies are pretty small, but with the ground level rooms you have more patio space. In taking a ground level room, you are giving up the view but gaining a nice patio and are right in the center of everything.
- There is a daily orientation at 5 pm to touch upon some of the things available to do on the island.
- Beach towels are provided at the beach towel hut. You'll be given a
plastic card that you exchange for a towel. You get the card back when you turn in the towel each day.
- The Allegro has lots of palm trees and beach huts for shade, very roomy pool area and lush-looking grounds. The shade huts are the rectangular type, rather than the umbrella type huts, and fit about 6 beach chairs under each. Word is the huts are difficult to get - you have to get out there at the crack of dawn to claim one. There is still plenty of shade on the beach though.
- The pool is a large free-form pool with a swim-up bar, a jacuzzi island (with a waterfall) in the center of the pool. It closes at midnight.
- When the hotel is over 70% full they move the breakfast buffet inside the main ballroom.
- There are 2 towers, north- rooms 00-25, and south- rooms 26-50. The higher the number the closer you are to the beach, poolview rooms are odd room numbers in the south tower and even numbers in the north tower. For a sunset view, choose the north tower even numbered rooms.
- The main lobby and casino are located in the north tower side of the resort.
- When guests check in, each guest's photograph is taken and then the guest receives a laminated card. This is used as your identification for your all-inclusive drinks and food.
- They offer room service only for breakfast.
- The only bad thing about the beach bar and pool bar is that there is no waiter/waitress service. You have to get up and get the drinks yourself.
- The bar in the casino is not included in the all-inclusive deal - it's a separate entity.
- One-half on the beach is roped off on Mondays to set up for the beach buffet and limbo show.
- All-inclusive guests receive three Dine Around vouchers to go to a variety of restaraunts on the island (each voucher is worth $50). You needed to get your vouchers from guest services (between 9 am - 12 pm and 3 pm - 5 pm) once you arrive.
- The Allegro offers non-inclusive, all-inclusive, or breakfast-inclusive-only meal plans.
- The Allegro official website (www.allegroresorts.com) has a live webcam that updates regularly.
- Open air dining; breakfast buffet (7:30 - 11:30 am), a la carte
lunch (noon - 2:30 pm), a la carte dinner (6 - 11 pm)
- Open air dining; a la carte breakfast (7 - 11 am), a la carte lunch
(noon - 6 pm), a la carte dinner (6 - 10:30 pm);
At night it becomes Papaya's for dinner (Caribbean Specialties)
- Dinner only (Italian - reservations required) (6 - 10:30 pm)
Caruso's requires long pants; they do not allow shorts or tank tops.
- Tradewinds/Papayas: This restaurant is located by the pool (near the pool bar). During the day it is called Tradewinds, at night it becomes Papayas (waiter/waitress service). Tradewinds serves breakfast and lunch (American food - burgers/nachos/chicken fingers). Papayas is the same restaurant as Tradewinds, but it changes names and menus for dinner, with the food more Aruban/Carribean.
- Caruso's and Papaya's require reservations which have to be made on the same day that you wish to dine. The guest services desk opens at 9 am, to be safe get there before 10 to get your preferred time as there are often long lineups. You get a coupon for one night at Caruso's (guests may only eat at Caruso's once during their stay).
- The Tradewinds Restaurant had a "take out" window where you could order your food and bring it onto the beach.
Beverages, Bars & Lounges
- Lobby Bar - afternoon to evening, 3 pm to 1 am (currently closed due to renovations)
- Splash Bar - swim-up pool bar, 11 am to 10 pm
- Beach Bar - 11 am to 5 pm
- Jardin Bresilien - open air cocktail lounge featuring nightly live entertainment and dancing. Open 5 pm to 12:30 am. Also offers ice cream and
Current Special Events
- BBQ Buffet & Limbo Show on the beach
7:30 pm until 10 pm (not to be missed), pickup tickets at guest services. Limbo show by Vincent, the famous limbo dancer.
- Caribbean Festival Buffet & Latin folklore show at Topaz, 6:30 pm until 10 pm.
- BBQ Buffet at Topaz, 6:30 pm until 10 pm.
- The Palace Casino - Slots open at 12 pm, tables at 3 pm
- Shopping - 10 shops
- Hospitality Desk
- Activity Room - Supervised games and activities for children of all ages. Open daily from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Adventure Club - The program runs from 9:30 am to 5 pm. Registration begins daily at 9:30 am in the Activity room. You must be there at 9:30 when it kicks off. If no kids are there then, they don't have a kid's program that day. Supervised fun and games created for children ages 4 to 13, including a daily walk around the property, treasure hunts, and sand castle building. They have a little putt putt golf course and the kid's activity room has all kinds of toys, crafts, games, and even Nintendo. Off-property activities scheduled throughout the week for an additional cost.
- Baby-sitting - Child care available at a reasonable cost.
- Exercise room - Unsupervised workout and weight room open daily from 9 am to 10 pm. Treadmill, stationery bikes, 5-pc weight station and stairmaster.
- Tennis - 2 lighted courts
- Activities - Aerobics in the am, pool volleyball at 12, horseshoes
at 2 pm, beach volleyball at 4 pm, pool bar bingo at 4 pm, contests, plus water sports available from Red Sail Sports.
- Hotel check-in is 3 pm, check-out is 12 pm.
- Happy hour is 5 to 7 pm daily with drinks for $2.50
- Children 12 and under stay free.
Why Pick Aruba? |
General Info |
Things to Do |
What to Pack |
Aerial Photos |
Happy Hours |
Trip Report |
Site Map |
This site went online 1999.
Photos by Patti MacK copyrighted 1999 and may not be used without permission.
As information may not always be up-to-date, you are advised to use it as a guideline only. You will find e-mail and website addresses, as well as phone and fax #s included on this site - please use them to contact the particular resort/restaurant/business in person to confirm times, prices, and details. The webmaster, site owner, and Internet provider assume no responsibility for any damages or claims resulting in use of information contained in this site. If, in spite of every precaution, any copyrights have been infringed in this site or any borrowed photo uncredited, your notification with respect to photo credit or removal will be greatly appreciated.